Planning & Promoting Your Study
Planning Your Study
Assemble a Core Team of people to help you plan, promote, facilitate, and run your study.
Make sure you have the necessary facilities and equipment including: a video player, tables for participants, and a room large enough for everyone.
For small group discussions, divide your participants into groups of 8-12. Round tables are ideal for group discussion.
Important Considerations: Having refreshments, tablecloths, and other decorations is a nice way of creating a welcoming and hospitable environment for participants. Offering child care, if possible, makes it easy for people with small children to attend your study.
Promoting Your Study
There are many ways you can promote your study, and we have many free, promotional tools to help you. Here are some of the best ways to get the word out:
- Have your pastor promote your study using our pulpit announcements.
- Personally invite people.
- Host a “How to Make Sense of the Bible” Information Session.
- Place our customizable posters and flyers at your parish.
- Announce the study in your parish bulletin and on your parish website.
- Provide registration tables after Sunday Masses.
- Email your list of parish contacts.
- Use social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Put your study on our locator map.
- Take advantage of our Bible Timeline Chart loaner program.